We are seeking an enthusiastic and Billing Reimbursement Specialist – Medical Devices – Part Time to join our team! The Billing Reimbursement Specialist – Medical Devices will support Atos Medical Management by providing excellent customer service to our patients through the billing reimbursement cycle. Time management and organization are imperative as this position interacts with inside and outside customers including but not limited to patients, customer service and accounting departments, outside sales team, Medicare and other private insurance companies.
Join us and help people speak
Atos Medical is a specialized medical device company and the clear market and technology leader for voice and pulmonary rehabilitation for cancer patients who have lost their voice box. We design, manufacture and sell our entire core portfolio directly to leading institutions, health care professionals and patients. We believe everyone should have the right to speak, also after their cancer. That’s why we are committed to giving a voice to people who breathe through a stoma, with design solutions and technologies built on decades of experience and a deep understanding of our users.
Job Responsibilities for the Billing Reimbursement Specialist – Medical Devices (Part Time)
- Print invoices from billing system. Review invoices for completeness and accuracy according to company and department billing guidelines and insurance process.
- Prepare invoices and patient insurance information to be entered into claims filing software.
- Enter appropriate and necessary information into claims filing software in order to prepare required claims to be sent electronically or by paper in the mail/fax.
- Prepare secondary or tertiary claims as necessary.
- Review customer/patient accounts receivable/aging and take necessary steps to keep accounts current.
- Contact insurance companies on claim status
- Review if claims need to be sent to secondary or tertiary insurance
- Obtain necessary documentation and provide to insurance company
- Request refunds, write-offs as necessary
- Review Medicare and Commercial EOBs to make sure it was processed properly
- Contact insurance companies or submit corrected claims as necessary
- Submit requests to write-off agreed amount contractual write-offs
- Prepare and submit necessary appeals
- Communicate with Reimbursement Supervisor as needed with regard to discrepancies and complaints.
- Works cooperatively with Customer Service and Customer Support Group in order to help expedite patient orders.
- Answer incoming calls from patients and clinicians about the reimbursement process using appropriate customer service skills and in a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous manner.
- Maintain current files and billing records, and make changes as needed so that patient information on file is accurate and complete.
- Follow-up on incomplete or missing insurance information from patients or clinicians.
- Provide reports on billing activities as requested by Reimbursement Supervisor.
- Establish and maintain required billing records and patient insurance information according to Medicare, HIPAA and other department guidelines.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Basic Qualifications for the Billing Reimbursement Specialist – Medical Devices (Part Time)
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Two years medical billing and or reimbursement experience
Preferred Qualifications for the Billing Reimbursement Specialist – Medical Devices (Part Time)
Education: Associates Degree
Experience: 2 + years of background in customer service in a health care related industry. Demonstrated proficiency in phone skills (professional attitude, clear intelligible communication), cross-trained in key areas identified by department manager, ability to work independently and set priorities. Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills and Abilities for the Billing Reimbursement Specialist – Medical Devices (Part Time)
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
- Ability to work in a team environment, have strong PC and keyboarding skills (including MS Office) and Brightree
- The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills to individuals and business at all different education levels.
- Ability to manage time and set priorities.
- Must be comfortable working independently and making educated decisions.
You will be part of an ambitious work environment in which teams work together to continuously grow and develop the business. You will have great opportunities to learn and develop, and you will be offered a competitive salary package and benefits.
Atos Medical is a global leader with Swedish headquarters and more than 15 subsidiaries worldwide. We are committed to living our values: we listen – we inspire – we focus – we engage every day. We connect with stakeholders, involving them in our activities and striving to support and empower our users and each other every day. No matter whom we interact with – users, colleagues, health care professionals, business partners – respect and integrity are at the core of everything we do.
Additional benefits for Billing Reimbursement Specialist – part time:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- State of the Art Facility
- Work Life Balance
Atos Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled