The DtC Director is responsible for leading the Customer Support and Advocate teams through ongoing education and support of end-users, caregivers, and clinicians. Duties include people management, coaching, training, and analytics. Ensure efficient and effective operations in gaining sales, processing orders, maintaining accurate department records, and training and moving staff members. The DtC Director is working to continually develop a well-disciplined and well-trained team. Directly manages the Customer Support and Advocate Supervisors, along with the Customer Experience, Service and Training Manager. Member of the US Leadership Team as well as close collaboration with Global DtC Leaders.
*An internal preferred candidate has been identified.
Join us and give people a voice
Atos Medical is a specialized medical device company and the clear market and technology leader for voice and pulmonary rehabilitation for cancer patients who have lost their voice box. We design, manufacture, and sell our entire core portfolio directly to leading institutions, healthcare professionals, and patients. We believe everyone should have the right to speak, also after their cancer. That’s why we are committed to giving a voice to people who breathe through a stoma, with design solutions and technologies built on decades of experience and a deep understanding of our users.
Job Responsibilities of the Director, Direct to Customer (DtC)
- Support distribution of Atos Medical products by effectively managing the Customer Support and Advocate team to ensure customer satisfaction and an efficient distribution process flow.
- Build a solid team that improves the quality of life for our end users and exceeds sales goals by:
- educating and retaining Atos Medical’s current end users
- educating and converting end users to new products.
- educating and converting end users that are currently using competitor products.
- building strong campaign material together with internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, and assessments of the team.
- Identifies gaps in competencies, leverages strengths, and uses performance management tools to develop team.
- Ensure that the sales process is continuously developed and optimized.
- Responsible for quality assurance procedures and regularly monitors team phone calls to ensure a high level of knowledge, skills, and abilities; adherence to all relevant internal and external legislation and guidelines including Medicare and external accreditation requirements.
- Maintain partnerships with the management team, including field sales to ensure alignment of business objectives.
- Responsible for budget strategy and enforcement. Monitor operational expenses for compliance with the Company’s expense budget
- Establish performance goals, and monitor progress toward these goals consistently
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations; ensure that Customer Support and Advocate team meets or exceeds accreditation standards; and implement ‘’best practices’’ in key activities
- Ensure the implementation of processes to measure, assess, and improve the performance of the team
- Projects as assigned by the Managing Director
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Basic Qualifications of the Director, Direct to Customer (DtC)
- Four-year degree or equivalent years of experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Director, Direct to Customer (DtC)
Education: B.A./B.S. in related field and 3-5 years of managing personnel is preferred but not required.
Experience: 3-5 years of Medical Device, Home Medical or Direct to Consumer Customer experience. Experience in call center activities, cross-trained in key areas identified by the Managing Director,
Skills and Abilities of the Director, Direct to Customer (DtC)
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Possess effective interpersonal, managerial, and supervisory and communication skills.
- Experience track record in team leadership and strong analytical and project management skills.
- Successful track record of developing a high performing team(s), including the use of ongoing effective coaching techniques. Current knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Highly structured approach with attention to detail and proper documentation of all work
- Proficient in analyzing and understanding data to drive future action; able to work with complex data
- Successful working in cross-functional teams and in a call center environment. Excellent team building and coaching skills
- Demonstrated computer skills relevant to the position including proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM
- Ability to organize and plan the activities of subordinates, and to delegate appropriately
- Organizational skills sufficient to maintain consistently accurate records.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Additional Benefits of the Director, Direct to Customer (DtC)
- Competitive Pay
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Work Life Balance
Atos Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled