Atos Medical invites you to participate in a SpeechPathology.com video CEU course.
- SpeechPathology.com Course #6524 Introduction to Tracheoesophageal Voice
- CEUs/Hours Offered: ASHA/0.1 Introductory, Professional; Kansas DHE, LTS-S1370/1.0; SAC/1.0
If you are already registered with SpeechPathology.com, this course is included with your $99 annual Professional Subscription. No charge for VA SLPs.
Course Learning Objectives
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what tracheoesophageal (TE) speech is and how it works
- Determine who is an appropriate candidate for a tracheoesophageal puncture
- Describe how to size the tracheoesophageal puncture
- Identify the various types of voice prostheses and how they are placed
- Describe strategies of how to initiate TE voice
Course Presenter: Julie Bishop-Leone MA, CCC-SLP
Julie Bishop-Leone’s career as a Speech Language Pathologist spans 20 years first at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor then as Clinical Manager of Speech Pathology and Audiology at the University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
Specializing in alaryngeal voice restoration and swallowing she has participated in numerous clinical trials and co-authored several peer-reviewed papers focused on the head and neck oncology patient.
In addition to her extensive clinical experience with tracheoesophageal voice restoration, she has directed and been an invited faculty member at national seminars and training programs in the area of laryngectomy rehabilitation. Ms. Bishop-Leone has been employed by Atos Medical Inc for the last five years and is a founding member of their Educational Division.
For more information on other Atos Medical educational services and how you can have LIVE CEU presentations on a variety of topics at your facility, please contact your local Atos Medical Territory Sales Manager or ask for the Educational Division of Atos Medical Inc. at 800.217.0025