Atos Medical Inc. has always believed in offering a strong educational component for our customers. We know how difficult it can be to change and introduce new practices in healthcare. To assist, Atos Medical offers a comprehensive laryngectomy pulmonary rehabilitation program as part of the continuum of care.
Laryngectomy Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- We have created a training program for healthcare providers, with the use of the Provox Laryngectomy Kit (LPK), to introduce the use of Heat and Moisture Exchangers (HMEs) immediately postoperatively
- We offer a comprehensive clinical pathway guideline as well as onsite nursing/RT in-servicing during shift change
- We have written extensive educational and training materials for the patient, family and healthcare providers
- Upon discharge, while the patient is getting settled with outpatient care and insurance, we offer a Coming Home case that provides product and support resources, with the return of a completed Consent Form.
LPK Documents Links:
Immediate post-operative care enhances patient outcomes
Clinical studies have shown that most laryngectomized patients who use a Provox Heat and Moisture Exchanger (HME) 24 hours a day, even while sleeping, experience reductions in: Mucus Production Coughing and Forced Expectoration Immediate post-operative use of the HME also lowers the cost as compared to the use of an external humidifier. *data on file.
Post Operative Pulmonary Care Video
Laryngectomy Pulmonary Kit Competency Test
Test works best with the following browsers. If you cannot get the test to function on your browser, please contact Atos.
- Chrome (latest version) across all mobile/desktop devices and Android Browser
- Safari (latest two versions) on OS X and iOS
- Firefox (latest version) on OS X and Windows
- Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge
Atos Medical also offers additional resources to support clinicians, patients and caregivers:
- Product videos and tutorials
- Professional events and courses
- Educational webinars
- CareTips sheets
- Customer story videos
Another clinical resource is: Practical Guide to Post-Laryngectomy Rehabilitation including the Provox® System 4th Edition Editor: Frans JM Hilgers MD, PhD ©The Netherlands Cancer Institute
If you would like to use copyrighted illustrations, images, videos owned by Atos Medical, simply request a “media usage” form by clicking here. For more information on other Atos Medical educational services and how you can have live CEU presentations on a variety of topics at your facility, please contact your local Atos Medical Territory Sales Manager by calling 800.217.0025 or contact our Educational Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.