Atos Medical Inc. has always believed in offering a strong educational component for our customers. We know how difficult it can be to change and introduce new practices in healthcare. To assist, Atos Medical offers a comprehensive laryngectomy pulmonary rehabilitation program as part of the continuum of care.
Laryngectomy Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- We have created a training program for healthcare providers, with the use of the Provox Laryngectomy Kit (LPK), to introduce the use of Heat and Moisture Exchangers (HMEs) immediately postoperatively
- We offer a comprehensive clinical pathway guideline as well as onsite nursing/RT in-servicing during shift change
- We have written extensive educational and training materials for the patient, family and healthcare providers
- Upon discharge, while the patient is getting settled with outpatient care and insurance, we offer a Coming Home case that provides product and support resources, with the return of a completed Consent Form.
LPK Documents Links:
Immediate post-operative care enhances patient outcomes
Clinical studies have shown that most laryngectomized patients who use a Provox Heat and Moisture Exchanger (HME) 24 hours a day, even while sleeping, experience reductions in: Mucus Production Coughing and Forced Expectoration Immediate post-operative use of the HME also lowers the cost as compared to the use of an external humidifier. *data on file.
Post Operative Pulmonary Care Video
Atos Medical also offers additional resources to support clinicians, patients and caregivers:
- Product videos and tutorials
- Professional events and courses
- Educational webinars
- CareTips sheets
- Customer story videos
Another clinical resource is: Practical Guide to Post-Laryngectomy Rehabilitation including the Provox® System 4th Edition Editor: Frans JM Hilgers MD, PhD ©The Netherlands Cancer Institute
If you would like to use copyrighted illustrations, images, videos owned by Atos Medical, simply request a “media usage” form by clicking here. For more information on other Atos Medical educational services and how you can have live CEU presentations on a variety of topics at your facility, please contact your local Atos Medical Territory Sales Manager by calling 800.217.0025 or contact our Educational Division at email@example.com.