Bringing life quality to patients has always been a key aspect of our work at Atos Medical. This section is dedicated to providing information and support for patients and their relatives. There is a selection of resource documents listed below and additional CareTips available here.
- Itzhak Brook, MD, MSc Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine Georgetown University School of Medicine Washington DC, USA
The Laryngectomee Guide Expanded Edition: Third Edition
By Dr Itzhak Brook, M.D.
- Provides information for laryngectomees and their caregivers
- Includes guides on different methods of speaking, anatomy, voice prostheses and much more
- Written by Dr Itzhak Brook, M.D. who is also a laryngectomee
- Available in multiple languages
- This book is available for purchase on Amazon
Dr. Brook also maintains a blog that contains information about head and neck cancer, life as a laryngectomee, and articles and videos about his personal experience as a patient with throat cancer.
Throat Focused Organizations / Resources
Below are just some of the resources that are available for laryngectomees and their caregivers. This is not an all-inclusive list. Your clinician may be able to help you find voice clubs and other resources in your area. Click on the organizations below to learn more about the resources they offer.
- Oral Cancer Foundation
- Support for People with Oral, Head & Neck Cancer (SPOHNC) local chapters
- Web Whispers (Resource of Voice Clubs in your area)
- National Cancer Institute-Head and Neck Cancer
- American Head and Neck Society
- MD Anderson Cancer Center MDCC
- The International Association of Laryngectomees (Resource of Voice Clubs in your area)
- Head and Neck Cancer Alliance
- American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Cancer.Net
- Kansas University Medical Center’s YouTube Video
- Laryngectomee Patient Education
Mouth & Jaw Focused Organizations